The packages are developed in the Cloud:OpenStack:Icehouse project and can be download from the openSUSE download server:
- For openSUSE 13.1, you can add the Icehouse repository with:
zypper addrepo -f obs://Cloud:OpenStack:Icehouse/openSUSE_13.1 Icehouse
- For SLES 11 SP3, add the icehouse repository with:
zypper addrepo -f obs://Cloud:OpenStack:Icehouse/SLE_11_SP3 Icehouse
OpenStack web page.
My personal highlights of the new release are:
- The translation of the dashboard to German and the new accordion navigation in the dashboard
- The updated Installation Guides that have been greatly improved.
- The new Database module (trove) that allows easy creation and manipulation of Databases for usage by virtual machines and thus gives you Database-as-a-Service.
- The Compute component now allows migrations and upgrades - you can first update the controller nodes and then the compute nodes and run thus a mixture of old and new compute nodes.
- The great progress that Orchestration makes with better integration of projects and giving the users now full control of manipulation of stacks.
- Learning about the "most insane CI infrastructure". The more I learn about the CI infrastructure and interact with the infra team, my appreciation about their great work growth. Thanks a lot, Clark, Elizabeth, Fungi, Monty, James, Sergey, et al.!
Now on to get Icehouse integrated into SUSE Cloud for our next release...